Breathe in..........
Breathe out........
This morning was a very peaceful and meditative time and I feel a little bit like a tree hugging hippy as we have just finished a tai chi class followed straight after by a yoga class. Can we just say a huge....

To Andy Cosgrove for our Thai chi, I surprised myself and really enjoyed it, I think I will carry it on when I get back and Gem seemed to really take to it as well.
Our Tai Chi class started at 10 so we had plenty of time to make the most of another gorgeous breakfast, today I discovered Banh Xeo which is a Vietnamese Pancake! It is filled with seafood, onions and bean sprouts. Gem opted for poached eggs and hollandaise.

We arrived at the spa on our bikes this time and were again greeted with some chilled ginger tea before being taken up a series of stairs to the decking area that was to be our classroom in the mountain. Our teacher was called Lhan and he has studied Tai Chi for 10 years, he talked us through a sequence of steps and movements before practising the routine over and over, concentrating on breathing and the accurate positioning of arms and feet etc. it was really relaxing and now that the sequence is embedded in our brains I will definitely be giving it a go at home.


Me and Lhan doing 'hold big ball' I'm sure that isn't the actual Chinese term for this!



Yes i know im sweaty! It was about 32 degrees.
Gem:
After a short break for water and for phill to practice his tai chi moves we then began our yoga class with dario. He was a lovely gentle man with a tranquil and placid manner. The yoga class was very different to what I am used to at hot yoga but then again very similar. Rather than sweating like a pig due to the artificial heat I was sweating due to it being about 32 degrees and the sun was directly above us, this equated to a bit of sunburnt legs.
During the class we did a few neck moves that I have never done before and then at the end we did aided relaxation, I was practically asleep.
Spending a couple of hours on top of the rocks, in the hills, looking out onto the sea doing tai chi and yoga was amazing. Something I would love to repeat. I've got a sneaky suspicion too that phill will take up tai chi when we get back home. I think my love of yoga and my newfound spiritual self (yes, I know I sound like a hippy) has finally rubbed off!!! I started the journey slowly.....I introduced him to the Moroccan way of life, incense sticks and then yoga....he will be a tai chi master in no time!!! And then we can meditate together in the local park on a sunny afternoon....ok, a step too far!!!! We never get any sun!!
Gem x

Location:Six Senses
No comments:
Post a Comment