
The whole Six Senses ethos is about health, peace and well being so it was inevitable that the spa was going to be incredible.

Gem: we got picked up by Lhun at 1pm for our spa day. We arrived at a beautiful pool of water with stepping stones. We were greeted with some cold towels and some ginger tea. I really like the ginger tea at six senses, sometimes it's warm, sometimes cold. I am going to make some when we get home. Six senses seem to have chosen one scent for the resort, ginger! Everyday all of the bottles of shower gel, insect repellent, body lotion and shampoo and conditioner get refilled with the most loving ginger smelling lotions.
We were shown to the changing area and steam and sauna to spend some time and then the relaxation area and incense lounge, yes it sounds pretentious! It is but it was lovely. We were then escorted to our double treatment room where we would spend the next three hours.

The first treatment was the all over body scrub and then we had the body wrap with a head and shoulder massage, both of us kept falling asleep. Weird how it takes me forever to fall asleep but then when I am in hot yoga, getting a massage or on a train I seem to pass out! Odd.
The double Vietnamese spa bath was next. We had to wash off all the rosemary mud they had put on before wrapping us up. We washed in the fab outdoor monsoon shower and then got into the bath. The water resembled that of the Mekong, muddy! There were flowers in the water along with lots of herbs and chunks of cinnamon and of course ginger!! We were served ginger tea and little platters of fresh fruit whilst in the bath. The watermelon and pineapple is lovely here but I am defo not a fan of the dragon fruit or rambutans.
Then it was time for the full body massage which was so relaxing that we both kept drifting off again. The lady commented that my shoulders were bad which I know as they are always so clicky, stiff and noduley so she did her best to get rid of all of the lactic acid buildup, at one point kneading on my back and hammering down on my shoulders to try and get them down from around my ears....all the time I was thinking..good luck! It blumming hurt.
We were shown to a relaxation area and served tea and then it was all over. Phill commented how much he had enjoyed it although he thought it a bit odd when he got walked upon.
I would highly recommend the spa at the hideaway, six senses Nha trang. It maybe a bit pricey but for a treat it was well worth it and thanks to my dads brother Raymond who was incredibly generous with our wedding gift that we were able to indulge in this luxury.
Bliss.

Location:Six Senses
No comments:
Post a Comment