Saturday, 6 October 2012

Day two at six senses

Phill; This is our first real full day here and we certainly intended to make the most of it, starting with breakfast.
Now we have all seen the M&S adverts with the woman with the sultry voice, describing the food.... Well this isn't just any breakfast, this is a 5 star all you can eat Six Senses gourmet breakfast!!
I love breakfast and I was like a kid in a sweet shop, I just didn't know where to start first. There was Asian influenced things like dim sum, dumplings and sushi / sashimi, and then there were typical Vietnamese Pho dishes and crispy seafood pancakes, and there was a massive patisserie selection including almond croissants, apple turnovers, croissants, pain au chocolat, crepes, waffles, doughnuts. And then there was a massive fresh fruit selection with loads of cereals and muesli, yogurts and fruit jams. On the hot plate there are sausages, bacon, sliced potatoes with onion and thyme and there was an egg special, today it was smoked salmon scrambled eggs.

I'm pretty sure I had 4 plates full, while gem tucked into the array of freshly squeezed fruit juices and smoothies as well as some eggs, muesli fruit and honey! Delicious.







We used our own personal bikes to get down to breakfast



The view from our table.










Fresh waffles, pancakes and crepes


A local delicacy... A doughnut tree!!


Breadsticks


Jams, fruit purées, dried fruits


Ice bath for the fruit juices and smoothies, it's like being at our wedding!







The honey box!




All the different pastries





Many thanks to Helen as she paid for our picnic when we got to six senses but we got there later than we thought as the train was delayed so instead we went out for a meal that evening and paid for a champagne breakfast the next morning.




Location:Six senses

No comments:

Post a Comment