Saturday, 29 September 2012

Life on the seafront

Well it is fair to say that we could get pretty used to this. If anyone hears of an opening for two people to travel the world and eat great food in gorgeous locations then please put our names forward.





Richard thank you so much for your gift of dining out this evening, we had a real treat at a seafood BBQ restaurant and ate the most gorgeous scallops.
After enjoying a few hours in the sun today we planned where we were going out for tea tonight whilst having a snooze, well I say we planned but to be honest Gem did all the looking and I did all the snoozing.
Mui Ne is historically a fishing port so seafood is same day fresh and really cheap, Gem spotted a place called Hoang Vu which specialised in seafood BBQ, we had calamari and Special Spring Rolls to start and then a seafood BBQ with marinated pork ribs on the side. The calamari was brilliant, Gem not so keen on the spring rolls and the pork ribs were tasty but a bit fatty, the real star of the show was the scallops cooked in a half shell on the BBQ, they had a sweet shallot and pepper dressing, we both could have eaten just a plate of those

More pics to follow once I have got them off the camera onto the iPad
Gem......well, I look shattered! Probably because I was researching And catching some sun while phill was zzzzzzzz. Anyhow, the meal was gorgeous . We had a Saigon beer each, the two large starters and the seafood BBQ for two as above and the ribs and salad for £18!!! Needless to say we left a very large tip. I would defo go back there again!!





Our view from the front doors of our little apartment, right onto the beach.














Many thanks to Lynn and Glynn again for our beer and wine. But......me being me I'm gona be honest I didn't like the local bottle of Dalat Vietnamese wine I got but it was pennies so I drank it with phill anyway.

Then again, I have just tried the red Dalat wine and it's yummy. And the saigonn beer, I maybe a convert to beer! Oh dear!!!

Location:Nguyễn Đình Chiểu,Phan Thiet,Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment