Thursday, 26 September 2013

Day 2 Agra Fort

Still Gem here jiffling.......Phill is still asleep the lucky sausage. After the Taj Mahal Manish took us to a restaurant. We had already gone on trip advisor and decided where we would go to eat when in Agra but today we decided to go with the flow a bit more and put our faith and trust into this young man, after all he had lived in Agra all his life. I'm not daft, I know that he took us to a restaurant that pretty much all of the rickshaw drivers take tourists, I know this because I saw a couple of couples who I had seen before. Now, my normal instinct would have sent me packing the minute i saw what i thought was a mouse running across the floor but it may have been a little squirrel and they are no bother and the place looked clean, local people were eating, people were eating both meat and veg, the floor was clean ( more than can be said for most places we ate in Vietnam) and so were the staff and the waiter spoke english and was very polite so we stayed and prayed that we would be fine.....The restaurant was air conditioned, Phill was thankful of that as by then he had become a sweaty mess!!! We ordered two thalli's, one that had butter chicken and tikka chicken and the other selection was just veggie for me. It was really tasty and i tucked into the massive and stinky garlic naan and the dishes of paneer, lentil and cottage cheese dahl and veg pilau. Phill tried a mango lassi that was really lovely, it was kind of sharp at first and then just lovely and creamy.




Afterwards we had an Indian rice pudding that I could have eaten a huge bowl of as it was so nice. Phill then had an Indian coffee and I had a masala tea which was nice but I couldn't drink loads of it as it was so creamy and I could feel it going on my hips, yes of course it was the tea going on my hips and not the thalli or the naan!!!

After lunch (heavy) we were both feeling decidedly sleepy but headed straight to the Agra Forts. I really liked this place, I think I liked it more than the Taj Mahal actually. It has a nice relaxed feeling about it, it maybe that I preferred wondering around the forts because there was no rush, it didn't feel as touristy as the Taj Mahal. The forts where very impressive.















Location:Agra

No comments:

Post a Comment